Saturday, November 7, 2009

Al Cinco de Noviembre

Well I'm suppose to post this one last November 5 but I got really, really tired after the whole day affair. Fancy Drill competition has always been the life of the C.A.T Carreer of high school students. You'll definitely feel out-of-place if you haven't perform in one. And that is what my blog entry is all about.

My day started at 4 a.m, I have no choice but to wake up after 6 hours sleep. I hurriedly pack my stuff, some personal necessities and gadgets to help me document such event. I asked Dad to dropped me in the office and he pleasantly granted my request even though there's drizzle. When arrive, everybody was ready. Everybody was excited. Everybody was nervous. After a few more preparations, we left school for our one hour journey to Bago City.

Upon our arrival, we magically turned into little kids who are on a field trip. We got excited when we saw more people who will join the parade. And subconsciously, we raised our eyebrows when we saw other competitors - especially that one competing group.

Going back, The competition was divided into two parts: the Parade and The Drill Competition. I wasnt able to join the parade no matter how much I wanted. I was ordered to stay on the bus and rest because I wasnt feeling well and I have to take care of my voice because I will do the narration on the second part of the program.

After the parade, we relaxed and roam around the coliseum. We had lunch and after that, it's finally time to prepare for the most important part of the competition. We are performer #2 so we have a quick prayer, short reminders, and a little confidence boost message for the performing Junior Officers. I know they are nervous since it's their first time. But just like what an ad said they have to "Face their fears, and Live their dreams". As Luisa Medel Nationla High School exited the Coliseum Floor, the eyes of the audience are all set on the next performer: the NEGROS OCCIDENTAL NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL (with me, as their narrator, of course!).

At first, my junior officers were doing great. They were showing off. Their snappiness in every executions made the crowd crazy. Until one mistake was made. And that caused chaos. I dont want to talk about it since that one girl who caused it made my blood boil even before the competition. And as they exit the coliseum floor for the next perform, I can see that the "Medal of Stupidity" is ready to be pinned to her. I wasn't even shock when our Senior Tactical Officer, murmured something in my ear. Something explicit to be posted here. I was glad it was finally over. I was glad I did well but i feel bad my junior officers didn't.

We watched the other performers with a heavy heart. I know my junior officers feel that they're not gonna make it on the top three. They sadly cheered for the other competing teams. And as for me, I see their failure as an oportunity for them to learn something new.

For the benefit of you, my dear readers, who wasnt able to see the 1st Bago City Invitational Fancy Drill Competition, I posted some pics and clips below for you to enjoy.






The Visayan Maritime Academy strut their stuff


Visayan Maritime Academy's Pass-in-Review


Bacolod City National High School at Present Arms


Domingo Lacson National High School: Pass-in-Review


Lopez Jaena National High School at Present Arms





Lopez Jaena National high School: manual of Arms executions


Pulupandan National High School at Present Arms

Other competing team whom I wasnt able to take snaps are Luis Medel National High School and Negros OCcidental High School. I'll try to get some snaps from friends. Probably soon you'll see how we did at the competition.


We could have done better but for now, it's better to reign at 3rd than nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment