Thursday, March 11, 2010

This is not goodbye

March 11, 2010 - I received a bad news last night. And I didnt quite expect it would come too soon. My friend Bebe died.

Bebe is a young, carefree 12-year-old girl who used to come to our house and help her Mom do our laundry. She's the diligent girl who would clean and sweep our backyard without being told so.If there is one thing I could not forget her, its her coy smile every time you asked her about crushes and life. Like me, she have this thirst to learn a lot of things. She's a smart girl. And sporty too - she loves badminton. And though she was deprived with all the luxuries in life, and sometimes deprived from playing as well, Bebe didnt complain that life was tough.

At a young age, Bebe was diagnosed with meningitis. I dont know when for all I was, she was too young to have such disease. But I guess, no one is too young or too old for this disease. It was just hard to accept that a young, happy, and smart girl would die too soon. . .


Bebe with my Sappho


For Bebe,

Sweet child... I will miss every thing about you. From your being industrious to your being carefree, happy self. I wished we saw each other for the last time, but I guess it wasnt meant that way. I know you are in a happier place now and I know that in there, you can do what you have been deprived of. You will never be forgotten for the moments we've shared are marked well in my heart.
Give my regards to my Lola Azon and Lolo Lydio, I know youll meet them there. I will miss you Bebe.


P.S.
Can I see you in my dreams?


Hugs and Kisses,
Manang Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment