Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dark Chocolates makes me happy

March 1, 2011 - I was so exhausted after a long day at work. So I decided to drop by at SM for some "cheer-me-up" treat.



Studies have shown that dark chocolates can help reduce blood pressure slightly and improve endothelial function. Aside from that, it can improve cholesterol level by decreasing oxidation of low density lipoprotein, the so-called "bad" type of cholesterol and raising high-density lipoprotein, the "good" cholesterol. And like any other chocolates, it stimulates endorphin production (which give a feeling of pleasure), contains serotonin (which acts as an anti-depressant), and other stimulants like caffeine and theobromine.

Nah, I'm not that health-buff monster that is so concerned with all of that facts about my precious gelato. All I wanted was to energized after that 8 hours shift. And yes, that simple dessert did its job. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment