Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Friendly business spoofs

Are you looking for a job? Are you in need of an application letter? Well, lookie-lookie dear reader, this is your lucky day for you have encountered the perfect site to learn from other people.

I am actually teaching in one of the schools here in Negros and one of my cooperating teacher asked me to help her check the papers. And nope, I’m not complaining. Actually it brought me down memory lane. And nope, I’m not sweet-talking for grades.

I know some of you played Little-Miss-Teacher. You know those little role play games where you are the teacher and you wore your mom’s heels and you wrote ABC on the wall with crayons and colored chalks, and your students are your stuff toys. Yup, that’s what I play when I was a youngin’ and there’s no need to deny that you’ve played that game too.

So going back to my paper works, I was excited to check papers that contain little life stories of the students. They were actually asked to write two letters: a business letter and a friendly letter.

And below are some of their works that made me smile and at the same time made me sad. I mean seriously, these are works of 2nd year high school students. Well, this is not what I expect, but then, you be the judge.

NOTE: I didn’t post this one for you to laugh and judge these high school students. I posted this for us to learn from them and for us to understand and be enlightened that there is a system to be changed. That maybe through this, you can start the change in that system by helping or tutoring your siblings or other people who have difficulties.


Business letters:


Exhibit A:

Dear Mr. XXXX,

According for my reading you are looking for a business coarse graduate were in almost 21-25 yrs. old are allowed.


So, I'm 22 yrs. of age and active person that experiencing a lot of business in my aunt's bake shop last 2 yrs. when I was 2nd yr.


I really love hardworking and flexible hours that can I encounter under your control.
If ever you choosing me as one of your employeer, I really appreciate it. And I will make sure that will not be regret and trying all my best. My contact no. # 0920xxxxxxx

Closing,
[Insert sender's name here]



EXHIBIT B:

Dear Ms. XXX,

A pleasant day to you. Based on what Im heard your company looking for a store manager. i am willing to take that kind of appurtunity i because I love waking I am already 22 years of age my business course graduate is businessman Ill been already experience what is job. Im so very happy to work on your campany and Im saw willing to work and flexable hours as I can
Im [Insert sender's name here]. I am living in [insert address] i am very excited for the interview happened and I will do my best any way skills do be the one of the store manager. This is my contact no. 0909xxxxxxx I am hoping you discision good and nice

loving yours he he he

[Insert sender's name]


EXHIBIT C:

Dear Sir [Insert first Name],

First of all I would like to greet you a pleasant day. I have read the newspaper that you are looking For an store manager. And I am that person who is qualified to be a store manager. If you don't mind sir, I am a former store manager in SM city. But because of the family difficulties I was dropped out or I was fired. I am [insert sender's name here] 21 yrs of age and I am a Business course - graduate in the ZZZ school and I am a male with the height of 5'6" and i already experience to be a store manager for almost 2 to 3 years and I am a hard working person and willing to work a flexible hours

Respectfully Yours,

[Insert name here]


Friendly Letters


EXHIBIT A:

Dear L,

H!first of all i would like to great you a happy pleasant! You know already my attitude. But i will introduces my self again to you. Im E and im already your close friend. And my favorite artist is angel locsin and my favorite singer is sarah and carpenters. And my favorite song is love me for what i am. That was song of carpenters. And my favorite sports is volleyball. I like to sing in the house. And my hobbies is playing computer and internet. And i have a message to you Always take care your health. And don't forget im your close friend. And study alway.

With love,

E

EXHIBIT B:

Dear M,

First of all I would like to great you a "Pleassant Morning".

Konichiwa!! Best, thanks for being a good friend to me and thank you for everything that you did to me. Best, sorry for all the wrong things that I've done to you. And Best I wish that our friendship won't last forever. For me best you are the best, best, friend in our classroom... For all my friend you are really the great friend for me...

Best if you are bloody but don't be unbowed because you have faith and trust.. Best don't be change because you are the good, beautiful and great friend to me.... "More power"!!

Your Close Friend,

J


EXHIBIT C:

Dear B,


H!Im C I like to play Basketball and I have my own uniform for basketball and you what is your favorite play?? And I like blue colors and green and you what up favorite color?? You have a girlfriend or not yet? Hmmm!!! I have a target I mean I have a girlfriend. Bow you know Vit. Water and it is fresh to drink and it is nature drink alwayz remember drink alwayz Vit.Water Now you know!!!

Your truly, C

Except for the names of receiver, sender and contact numbers, everything was copied as it is. Verbatim, indeed. some of you maybe laughing crazily after reading this entry. I wont take it against you, but I hope after you laugh your heart out, you will realize that this is a serious matter. And maybe you can ask yourself, are these the kind of high school students we really want to produce?




P.S.

Hopefully, you're laughing you're heart out because you are PERFECTLY BRILLIANT in writing letters.









No comments:

Post a Comment